Penn State Football Forum

Penn State Football Forum

Penn State football talk.

PSU Recruiting Class of 2017

Chris Grovich's picture
February 1, 2017 at 6:03pm

Hey, let's get these forums going. According to the Internet Code of Message Boards, this could be a fun forum for about 18-24 months before a bunch of other people find it and the place becomes a cesspool.

Let's do this, people. We have less than two years to enjoy the forum and the clock starts now.

So, how 'bout them 'croots? Which of the incoming freshmen do you think has the potential and opportunity to see action in 2017? Who do you think will make the biggest impact at PSU by the time his career is over? Who are you unreasonably excited about?

I'm 100% in on Mike Miranda, strictly for his Paul Bunyan-like high school performance. He was his conference's offensive player of the year as a lineman. He pancaked the same kid so many times that James Franklin felt bad while watching the game film. PSU at least has the luxury of redshirting offensive linemen these days, but I patiently await the day Miranda pancakes the same Michigan defensive lineman ten plays in a row.

I've been in love with Sean Clifford's film for ages and stated multiple times that I think it's better than Christian Hackenberg's film. Clifford is so perfect for this offense -- I just hope we're running this offense after Joe Moorhead gets the Notre Dame head coaching job in December. 

Given the depth chart ahead of him, Ellis Brooks seems like the obvious candidate for early playing time. I'm not convinced that the staff loves Jake Cooper (who can still improve!) and there's not much behind Cabinda at MLB. Could Brooks' athletic ability get him ahead of Brandon Smith?

Who else seems like they could play early? One of the WR's (or Journey Brown) as a kick/punt returner? Lamont Wade?

View 9 Comments