Penn State Recruiting Forum

Penn State Recruiting Forum

Penn State football and basketball recruiting.

Pat Freiermuth's Current Recruiting Targets

Nick Polak's picture
February 6, 2017 at 9:05am

In an interview with Pat Freiermuth, I asked him who he and his classmates were currently targeting in the 2018 class. There were three players that came to mind immediately for the big tight end, and those would be wide receiver Shaquon Anderson-Butts (Harrisburg, Pa.), Teradja Mitchell (Bishop Sullivan Catholic, Va.) and Kwantel Raines (Alquippia, Pa.).

As far as what exactly it looks like when he tries to convince a recruit to commit to Penn State? I'll let Pat tell you about that.

"How I start off, I just open it up to ask about how their recruitment's going, what they think about Penn State. We just kind of talk about it. I did that with Jesse Luketa a little bit, just talking about where he stands and they kind of always come back to that same answer that Penn State just feels right. I really just confirm the kids' choices. Obviously the coaches do most of the recruiting, but we help push the kids to come join."

What do you think of Freiermuth's current targets? Should he be focusing elsewhere? Leave your thoughts below.