We head in to week three with renewed confidence after beating the doors off of Pitt by a final score of 51-6, in case you forgot. After what hopefully will be a snoozer at noon, the Viewer’s Guide is here to help you out with what to watch the rest of the day.
- Boston College @ Wake Forest 5:30pm ESPN – I really hope this one still gets played because it’s a great matchup between two potential dark horse ACC teams. Plus two weeks without Thursday college football should be against the law.
- Georgia State @ Memphis 7pm ESPN – Gonna be honest, maybe skip this one unless you're really into cat-on-cat violence.
- Oklahoma @ Iowa State noon ABC – Oklahoma has steam rolled through the first two weeks, and has looked every bit as impressive as Alabama and Ohio State. Now we will see if they can keep it going against a team that upset them a year ago.
- Miami @ Toledo noon ESPN2 – Speaking of a year ago, Toledo had Miami down at halftime at home a year ago. This one isn’t as much of a gimme as some people may think.
- Florida State @ Syracuse noon ESPN – To put it lightly, it’s been a rough start for Willie Taggart and Florida State. Can they get it ironed out against a young Syracuse team?
- Troy @ Nebraska noon BTN – Keep an eye on this game, Troy is pretty good. They got rocked by an excellent Boise team, but they are better than that performance.
- Rutgers @ Kansas noon – This game is only on regional Fox Sports channels, but it doesn’t make it not funny.
- Georgia Tech @ Pitt 12:30pm ACCN – O/U rushing yards by Georgia Tech is set at 350, even after they lost to South Florida last week.
- BYU @ Wisconsin 3:30pm ABC – Maybe Arizona is just bad. Following up that week one win with a loss to an average Cal team doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence for BYU, but Wisconsin has at least been generous enough to let teams kind of hang around for a half or so this season.
- LSU @ Auburn 3:30pm CBS – I really, really think LSU is not that good, and yet there will be a number 12 next to their name on Saturday on national television. I expect Auburn to pull away in this game.
- Boise State @ Oklahoma State 3:30pm ESPN – If Boise State pulls this game off they will be in the driver’s seat the rest of the year for the Group of Fiver New Years 6 invite.
- South Florida @ Illinois 3:30pm ESPN - South Florida will make it two power five wins in a row on Saturday. On Sunday people will be questioning the strength of the Big Ten.
- Houston @ Texas Tech 4:15pm FOX – Enjoy Ed Oliver while you can.
- Alabama @ Ole Miss 7pm ESPN – Ignore every over under you see on this game. The real over under is set at 125. The secondary over under is whether or not 75 percent of that amount is scored by Alabama. Ole Miss’ defense has to be among the worst in the nation.
- Missouri @ Purdue 7:30pm BTN – Tune in to this game around 10 to see which hilariously embarrassing way Purdue loses this week.
- Ohio State @ TCU 8pm ABC – Ohio State has steam rolled every team they have played and has looked scary good. It will be interesting to see how Dwayne Haskins looks against a real defense, as he has been flawless to start the season.
- USC @ Texas 8pm FOX – Texas might be garbage, but it’s still fun to reminisce about 2005. Last years’ game ruled too.
- Washington @ Utah 10pm ESPN – Utah isn’t anything special, but they aren’t pushovers either. This game has the potential to get weird.
- Arizona State @ San Diego State 10:30pm CBSSN – We made fun of the Herm Edwards hire so much that people forgot it was the circumstances he got hired under we were making fun of instead of the hire itself. He has proved through two games he can still coach a little bit, albeit with someone else’s players. San Diego State is good enough to derail that momentum.
- Fresno State @ UCLA 10:30pm FS1 – If all else fails, we can all watch Chip Kelly struggle to get his first win back in college.
|tiMeslot||primary tv||secondary tv||mobile device|
|nooner? I hardly know 'er!||Kent State @ Penn State FS1||Oklahoma @ Iowa State||Troy @ Nebraska|
|i need about 3:30||LSU @ Auburn||Boise State @ Oklahoma State||BYU @ Wisconsin|
|primetime||Ohio State @ TCU (8:00)||USC @ Texas (8:00)||Alabama @ Ole Miss (7:00)|
|#pac12afterdark||Washington @ Utah (10:00)||Arizona State @ San Diego State (10:30)||Fresno State @ UCLA (10:30)|