I'm not sure why you are reading this, it's not like there any big games this weekend or Penn State is ranked fourth in the first playoff rankings. Oh wait, they totally are. Since you might be a little jazzed up to watch some pigskin this weekend, the guide is here to help.
- Temple @ USF (8:00 ESPN) - While the teams aren't particularly sexy, it should at least be a competitive game.
- Washington @ Oregon State (10:30 FS1) - Washington is a good team that can't seem to put it all together and Oregon State is much improved. It might be worth falling asleep to, or not falling asleep to, depending on how nervous/excited you are about Saturday.
- No. 12 Baylor @ TCU (12:00 FS1) - At this point, Baylor is worth keeping an eye on until they aren't. It's been a magical run and Matt Rhule has further cemented his name among the better young coaches in America this year. TCU is no pushover though and brings a very balanced attack into this game. Baylor is probably on upset watch and this is probably the only game worth keeping an eye on in the noon slot. Aside from the obvious.
- No. 2 LSU @ No. 3 Alabama (3:30 CBS) - With this now being a 2 vs. 3 matchup, and Tua being questionable health-wise, it has lost a little bit of its luster, but it still figures to be the most fun game this series has seen in a decade. Instead of the knockdown drag 'em out games of old, this game touts two extremely fun offenses and very solid defenses. If Tua is able to go, it could come down to the wire. I think Alabama's wide receivers could be the difference. No matter who comes out a winner, neither team will be eliminated from playoff contention, barring a blowout or significant injuries (please do not happen, both of these teams are fun).
- No. 16 Kansas State @ Texas (3:30 ESPN) - Welp, a few weeks ago not many people assumed Kansas State would be the ranked team in this game. Texas is struggling and needs a big win to get some momentum back, and Kansas State is eager to prove they are for real. This one should also be fun.
- No. 19 Wake Forest @ Virginia Tech (3:30 ACCN) - It's a similar story to the above. If you asked people on the street who the ranked team would be at the beginning of the season, most would have surely answered Virginia Tech. While Tech is improving and gave a sleepy Notre Dame squad a scare in South Bend last week, it will take a big defensive effort to slow down the Demon Deacon attack.
- USC @ Arizona State (3:30 ABC) - This is your weekly "these teams are solid and this should be a pretty good game" game. Arizona State's defense against USC's offense should be fun to watch.
- No. 18 Iowa @ No. 13 Wisconsin (4:00 FOX) - If our lovely Lions can do what they should do and win on Saturday, this game has major implications in the Big Ten West title race. Iowa has struggled to score against any defense with a pulse, and Wisconsin boasts one of the best in the nation. It should be competitive, but I expect Wisconsin to pull away in the second half.
- Missouri @ No. 6 Georgia (7:00 ESPN) - This game could be interesting if Kelly Bryant can play, but if he does is he 100%? Things looked a lot more interesting a couple of weeks ago before Mizzou was stunned by Vanderbilt, but then again, Georgia has shown it isn't immune to upsets.
- No. 15 Notre Dame @ Duke (7:30 ACCN) - All I will say is if Notre Dame plays like they did last week, they will lose. Duke is entirely capable of pulling an upset.
- Iowa State @ No. 9 Oklahoma (8:00 FOX) - With Penn State at No. 4, it's important to keep an eye on the good one-loss teams like Georgia and Oklahoma in the case it becomes a resume shootout for the fourth spot. Iowa State is no pushover, but I don't think they have the horses to run with Oklahoma.
The remainder of the contenders are either on a bye or are playing teams like Maryland or NC State.
|timeslot||primary tv||secondary tv||projected on the ceiling|
|nooner? I hardly know 'er!||Penn State @ Minnesota 12:00 ABC)||Baylor @ TCU (12:00 FS1)||Maryland @ Ohio State (12:00 FOX)|
|i need about 3:30||LSU @ Alabama (3:30 CBS)||Iowa @ Wisconsin (4:00 FOX)||Kansas State @ Texas (3:30 ESPN)|
|prime time||Missouri @ Georgia (7:00 ESPN)||Notre Dame @ Duke (7:30 ACCN)||Iowa State @ Oklahoma (8:00 FOX)|
|#pac12afterdarkisdead||Wyoming @ Boise State (10:15 ESPN)||Nevada @ San Diego State (10:30 ESPN2)||San Jose State @ Hawaii (11:00 Facebook)|