Penn State Basketball Forum

Penn State Basketball Forum

Penn State men's and women's basketball discussion.

OT: Albany Basketball

+3 PP
Think1's picture
March 29, 2021 at 10:37am
4 Comments

I'm guessing nobody will care about this topic besides me with the possible exception of TJB who had the Capital Region as his stomping grounds for a number of years.  But please hear me out...

Albany seems to always have PSU connections. For example, their football coach is Greg Gattuso. At one point, all three local weathermen and local sports anchors were Penn Staters. And of course, Talor Battle and his records locally and at PSU still carry a lot of notoriety in Albany.

Anyway, Albany just replaced their 20-year hoops head coach, Will Brown, with Dwayne Killings who has had two stints at Temple. He was also an assistant at Boston University at the same time that Adam Fisher was there. I think he is a great hire for the Great Danes and if Coach Shrewsberry doesn't retain Battle, I could see Albany as a possible landing spot.

Coach Killings has already hired two assistants. First there is Hamlet Tibbs from Vermont and former 5-year coach of Albany City Rocks, Battle's old club team.

The other is Matthew Griffin, former basketball coach and AD of Roman Catholic HS in Philly. Griffin also played on that Boston University team when Killings and Fisher were there.

I just thought the connections were interesting and that the staffs may see each other out on the recruiting trail.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Roar Lions Roar unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments