It's that time of year again. Time to watch your favorite players from college live out their dreams playing professional football. As our Week 1 NFL recap reveals, there were some peaks and some valleys for ex-Lions in the League.
- Sean Lee was named a captain by the Cowboys, and promptly turned in a 8-tackle performance against the rival New York Giants.
- Carl Nassib displayed his power and speed with a ferocious sack against the Steelers. He ended his season debut with 2 tackles and a sack.
— Phil Galiano (@Coach_Galiano) September 11, 2017
- Not to be outdone, Detroit Lions defensive lineman Anthony Zettel notched his second career sack with this ridiculous blow-by in a 3-tackle game against Arizona.
Anthony Zettel speed rush with a cross chop! Explosive first step. Lions desperately need a pass rusher to step up. pic.twitter.com/uZuc6AvXgR
— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) September 11, 2017
- Jesse James shrugged off the Steelers trade for veteran tight end Vance McDonald with a huge day against the Browns. James snagged 6 catches for 41 yards and two critical 3rd-down touchdowns for the Black and Gold. His 6 receptions matched a career high.
notes of note
- Chicago Bears safety Adrian Amos lost his starting job to rookie Eddie Jackson, and recorded no stats against the Falcons.
- San Francisco 49ers All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman returned from a 2016-ending Achilles injury to record 5 tackles in the loss to Carolina.
- Allen Robinson was lost for the season, as the Jacksonville Jaguars star tore his ACL in the Jags win over Houston.
- Chris Godwin, Donovan Smith, Cameron Wake and Mike Hull had no stats as the Buccaneers/Dolphins game was canceled due to Hurricane Irma. The game was rescheduled to Week 11.
- Chris Hogan had 3 rushes for 17 yards and 1 catch for 8 yards in the Patriots loss to Kansas City.
- DaQuan Jones tallied 3 stops for Tennessee in its loss to Oakland.
- Trevor Williams had 2 tackles in the Chargers loss to Denver.
- Paul Posluszny collected 2 tackles in the Jaguars demolition of the Texans.
- Robbie Gould accounted for all three of the 49ers points against Carolina, nailing a 44-yard field goal.
- Austin Johnson had 1 tackle in the Titans loss to the Raiders.
- A.Q. Shipley started at center for the Cardinals in their loss to Detroit.
- Ross Travis was targeted once and had no stats in the Chiefs win over New England.
- Jack Crawford recorded no stats in the Falcons win over Chicago.
- Garry Gilliam saw time at tackle for the 49ers in their loss to the Panthers.
- Stefen Wisniewski played for the Eagles in their win over Washington.
- Christian Hackenberg was active, but saw no game action in the Jets loss to Buffalo.
- Nate Stupar was inactive for the Saints against Minnesota.
- Tamba Hali is on the PUP and will miss the first six weeks of the season.
- Jordan Hill tore his bicep and will miss the year for the Detroit Lions.