Receivers rise to the occasion
Allen Robinson has blossomed into one of the NFL's top receivers and has quickly become a favorite of Mitchell Trubisky in Chicago. The seventh-year pro led the Bears with five catches for 74 yards in their come from behind victory over the Bears. He also made this insane catch:
ALLEN ROBINSON IS A FREAK!!! pic.twitter.com/LO22N4CZyX— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) September 13, 2020
Not to be outdone, Chris Godwin caught the most passes from Tom Brady in his first game outside of the New England Patriots organization. The Pro Bowler reeled in six catches for 79 yards in what was an overall underwhelming afternoon for Brady.
Reid starts Strong
John Reid was one of the Big Ten's more active corners for five years, but he put that aggressiveness on full display in his NFL debut. The rookie registered six solo tackles against the reigning world champion Chiefs, tying him for most on the team. Reid was the first Nittany Lion drafted by former Penn State head coach Bill O'Brien back in April.
The Giants' offensive line is straight-up BAD. Saquon Barkley could only do so much, mustering just six yards on 15 carries. He did tie for the team lead in receptions, securing six balls for 60 yards and doing Saquon Barkley things.
Saquon Barkleypic.twitter.com/abyHIp5GjG— Roar Lions Roar (@RLRblog) September 15, 2020
Jason Cabinda is a fullback
Jason Cabinda is finding a way to make his presence felt in the NFL. The linebacker is also taking on fullback duties for the Lions and showed some great blocking skills, paving the way for the newly signed Adrian Peterson.
- Adrian Amos (Packers): 2 tackles
- Troy Apke (Washington): 8 tackles (Tied - team-high)
- Sam Ficken (Jets): 1/1 FG (31 yards), 2/2 XP
- Mike Gesicki (Dolphins): 3 catches, 30 yards
- Kevin Givens (49ers): 1 tackle
- Robbie Gould (49ers): 2/2 FG (52-yd long), 2/2 XP
- Yetur Gross-Matos (Panthers): 1 tackle
- DaeSean Hamilton (Broncos): 1 catch, 18 yards
- Chris Hogan (Jets): 1 catch, 0 yards
- DaQuan Jones (Titans): 2 tackles
- Carl Nassib (Raiders): 2 tackles, 0.5 sacks
- Amani Oruwariye (Lions): 4 tackles