Penn State has finalized its 2019 non-conference basketball schedule with previously unknown home games against Maryland Eastern Shore, Wagner, Central Connecticut State, and Cornell. In addition, dates are now set for previously known opponents.
The run up to Pat Chambers' ninth season at the helm offers a bit fairer schedule than last year's highly challenging non-conference slate. After the season opens against Md. Eastern Shore and Wagner, Penn State will play its only true road game of the non-conference slate at Georgetown as part of the Gavitt Tipoff Games (Big Ten vs. Big East).
Following the short trip to DC, the Lions will entertain Bucknell and Yale for part of the NIT Season Tip-off. They'll trek to the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn over Thanksgiving to play Mississippi and Oklahoma State or Syracuse. The non-con will wrap up with home games against Wake Forest (Big Ten/ACC Challenge), Alabama, CCSU, and Cornell.
2019-20 Penn State Men's Basketball Nonconference Schedule
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 – Maryland Eastern Shore
- Saturday, Nov. 9 – Wagner
- Thursday, Nov. 14 – at Georgetown (Gavitt Tipoff)
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 – Bucknell, NIT Season Tip-Off
- Saturday, Nov. 23 – Yale, NIT Season Tip-Off
- Wednesday, Nov. 27 – Mississippi, NIT Season Tip-Off (Barclays Center, Brooklyn)
- Friday, Nov. 29 – Oklahoma State/Syracuse, NIT Season Tip-Off (Barclays Center, Brooklyn)
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 – Wake Forest (Big Ten/ACC Challenge)
- Saturday, Dec. 14 or Sunday, Dec. 15 – Alabama
- Friday, Dec. 20 – Central Connecticut State
- Sunday, Dec. 29 – Cornell
Now we just wait on the Big Ten to finalize dates for the 20-game conference schedule. The single and home-and-home matchups were already released.
- Home: Illinois, Maryland, Wisconsin
- Away: Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue
- Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers