it's a bash, baby
- Sean Fitz of Lions247 has some great individual capsules on a few priority visitors for this weekend's extravaganza. First up is P.J. Mustipher (Owings Mills, Md.), James Franklin's top 2018 target at defensive tackle. The four-star is ranked at the 105th best overall prospect for this class, and a commitment warning has been issued.
- Next is a top-10 overall prospect for 2019, five-star defensive end Zach Harrison (Lewis Center, Ohio). It's difficult to see Urban Meyer allowing the best player in Ohio to slip through his grasp, but you never know until you get them on campus.
- Jordan Houston (Oakton, Va.), one of Penn State's top running back targets for 2019, announced he would be at the Bash via Twitter.
- Also announced on the Twitter machine was four-star Philadelphia safety Isheem Young's attendance by his coach. 2019 safety Tykee Smith is also making the trip with the Imhotep squad. With Young already finalizing his commitment video at a pool party last week, this is probably a great sign for the Lions.
In the latest ESPN rankings update, Penn State commit Justin Shorter is now a five-star player and the No. 2 wide receiver in the nation.
— Tom VanHaaren (@TomVH) July 13, 2017
Raines' top 5+
Pittsburgh-area four-star safety prospect Kwatel Raines dropped his top five-ish schools on Thursday. Penn State is in the mix for the state's No. 4 player, and the 6-3 DB hopes to make his decision in October. Also per his Twitter, Raines is tentatively scheduled to be at the Bash.
Bless up pic.twitter.com/DuhsxBTQli
— Telly Mac (@KwantelRaines) July 13, 2017
As we previously reported...
- Ricky Slade and Justin Shorter are really good and were recognized as MVPs of their positions at The Opening. (Shield your eyes, otherwise.)
- 2019 priority defensive prospect Brandon Smith will be Bashing this weekend.