All-American game news and notes
Many Penn State commits and remaining 2018 targets are getting ready for Thursday's Under Armour All-America Game, and the national recruiting outlets have a ton of coverage of the week's events.
- Current commits are working on securing DE Jayson Oweh's commitment on Thursday ($). His Crystal Ball predictions are certainly swaying towards him becoming a Nittany Lion.
- Rasheed Walker isn't expected to make his commitment this week, but he spoke with 247Sports about how the process is wrapping up ($).
- Under-the-radar signee PJ Mustipher had a strong first day of practice, according to SB Nation's Bud Elliott.
Penn State's highest-rated signee, Micah Parsons, is also off to a great start in San Antonio for the Army All-American Game. Signed OL Nana Asiedu and top target OL Rasheed Walker are also preparing for the game as part of the East Team. Parsons is in Walker's ear, and also talked with Steve Wiltfong about how he's ready to take the Nittany Lions to the next level. Plays like this will certainly help:
2018 recruiting outlook
Friend of the blog and all-around good guy Greg Pickel at PennLive gave a rundown of 18 things to know about Penn State recruiting as we enter 2018. Among the highlights:
- Prediction of ending up with the No. 3 recruiting class in the nation for 2018.
- More redshirts in the 2018 class on the offensive side of the ball than the defense.
- Impacts of the new official visit schedule on recruiting the 2019 class.
isheem young news
Last night, a friend of Isheem Young, the former Penn State commit who was arrested late last year in connection with a Philadelphia robbery, created an Instagram post taking blame for the incident and saying that Young was completely innocent. This was just a few days after Young made bail. A full run-down of the timeline can be found here.
No word on if charges will be dropped or how this might affect his standing in recruitment, but it will be something to watch as the situation develops.