visitors float by
James Franklin and staff seem to be pushing a lot of the right buttons to make this year's Blue/White Game the marquee recruiting event of the offseason. Prospects from far and wide keep indicating they'll be attending, and it's extremely likely Penn State exits next weekend with new verbal commitments.
- Before next weekend's festivities, the Lions will continue to host prospects for spring practice. Four-star 2020 OL Luke Wypler (Montvale, N.J.) will stop in town this weekend, according to his Twitter account. Wypler is a big-time prospect with offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Florida, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.
Penn St Saturday. Unc 27th, Duke 28th, and Nc State 29th!— Wypler (@LukeWypler) April 11, 2018
- Daequan Hardy, an unranked 2019 CB prospect out of Penn Hills in Pittsburgh will also see Penn State this weekend. He sports recent offers from Michigan State and Michigan.
Ohio State Tomorrow Penn State Saturday— DaeDae (@DaequanHardy) April 12, 2018
- Zachary Franks, a 2019 three-star OL from powerhouse Gilman in Baltimore will be in town for B/W Weekend. He'll likely be joined by a host of teammates.
April 21st Happy Valley spring game— Zachary Franks (@SchoolBoyFranks) April 10, 2018
- According to Sean Fitz of Lions247, 2019 four-star DT Rodas Johnson (Columbus, Ohio) will make his way to Beaver Stadium for the spring game.
- Penn State threw its hat into the ring for 2020 WR Marcus Rosemy (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.). Rosemy is currently the nation's 33rd overall prospect and already has offers from Florida, Georgia, Ohio State, and Texas.
- Garmon Randolph (Jefferson, Ga.) becomes the eight tight end with a Penn State offer for 2019. The composite three-star currently reports offers from Auburn, Florida, FSU, LSU, Michigan, Louisville, and Mississippi.
Blessed to receive an offer from Penn State University pic.twitter.com/6b7sN5dcOL— Garmon Randolph (@garmonrandolph5) April 10, 2018
- Cornelius Johnson is a three-star wideout from Greenwich, Conn. Penn State joins Michigan, Notre Dame, Boston College, and West Virginia as his top offers.
Penn State is hot on the heels of the nation's No. 1 inside linebacker and No. 3 overall linebacker for 2020, Antoine Sampah (Woodbridge, Va.). Sampah recently was named a 2020 Under Armour All-American, and he'll play in the annual all-star game with fellow five-star and Nittany Lion favorite Julian Fleming.
Honored To Announce Our Head Coach @BallCoach34 & ILB @_antoinesampah Have Been Invited & Have Accepted The Invitation To Participate In The 2020 Under Armour @AllAmericaGame! Thank You @DemetricDWarren For The Blessing & Opportunity! #IWILL #VikingPride #WeBuiltDifferent pic.twitter.com/6At77LRdI5— Woodbridge Football (@WBVikings) April 11, 2018
More on final cut
- Wormley focused on four [Dohn/247Sports]
- New Penn State Crystal Ball Pick [Fitz/Lions247]
- Updated: 2019 Offers Board: Defense [Snyder/Rivals]
- PSU sits in strong position with four-star DT Faucheux [Snyder/Rivals]
- No. 3 ILB Lee alters visit plans [Dohn/247Sports]
- Nation's number one player breaks down latest in recruitment [Gleitman/247Sports]
- Five visits on Rudolph's mind [Dohn/247Sports]
- Four officials in mind for CB Wilson [Dohn/247Sports]