With the school year over for many of Penn State top targets, a handful will make the trip to Happy Valley this weekend for some official visits. On top of that, the football staff will host unofficial visitors and two elite skills camps for high school players.
- Brandon Smith - five-star Virginia linebacker and Penn State commit
- Eric Gray - four-star 2019 running back
- Jahleel Billingsley - four-star Illinois tight end
- John Dunmore - four-star Florida wide receiver
- John Metchie - four-star Maryland wide receiver
- Lance Dixon - four-star Michigan linebacker
- Lewis Cine - four-star Texas safety
- Michael Johnson Jr. - four-star Oregon quarterback
The Nittany Lions are in the thick of things with Metchie, Dixon, and Cine, but would certainly welcome pledges from the others. Just getting prospects from Florida and the West Coast to consider Penn State is remarkable, and anything can happen once a player visits. A pledge from any prospect above would have Franklin's 2019 buzzing the top 10 in the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings.
Penn State's 2019 class is currently clicking at a 77 percent blue-chip rate, and that seems likely to continue. The Nittany Lions are ranked 17th in the nation with just nine pledges.
- Brandon Smith - five-star LB
- Devyn Ford - four-star RB
- Caedan Wallace - four-star OL
- Hakeem Beamon - four-star DE
- Marquis Wilson - four-star ATH/DB
- Tyler Rudolph - four-star DB
- Ta'Quan Roberson - four-star QB
- Keaton Ellis - three-star DB
- Jaquan Brisker - three-star DB (JUCO)