- The Nittany Lions are getting a bit creative when it comes to recruiting defensive tackle, offering German-born Joseph Appiah Darkwa. The three-star prospect most recently played for the Dusseldorf Panther U19 Team in the German Football League and would fill one of the last needs in Penn State's 2019 class.
- The Nittany Lions continue to try to expand their footprint in the south, offering four-star offensive tackle Issiah Walker Jr. from Miami. A South Carolina commit, the 2020 prospect has already picked up offers from Florida State and his hometown Hurricanes this month.
- 2020 dual-threat quarterback Jeff Sims scored a Penn State offer earlier this week. It's been a busy few days for the Jacksonville native, as the Nittany Lions, Georgia Bulldogs, and Virginia Tech Hokies have all extended offers, the first Power-5 schools to do so.
IM SO BLESSED AND HONORED TO RECEIVE AN OFFER FROM PENN STATE UNIVERSITY pic.twitter.com/ks26jARrPS— Jeff Sims (@Jeffreysims_10) January 15, 2019
- The Nittany Lions have entered the race for four-star offensive tackle Jalen Rivers. The 6'5/327 lineman is currently the 79th overall player and eighth-ranked tackle in the 2020 class. They'll be competing with just about every powerhouse team in America to earn the Floridian's services.
- Believe it or not, Penn State offered someone who is not from Florida! The Nittany Lions have offered Ohio offensive tackle Jakob James, making them the fourth Big Ten team to do so. At 6'6/275, he seems like a long-term project type player, similar to Alex Gellerstedt and Bryce Effner that Penn State has taken in recent years.
- Four-star corner Daryl Porter tweeted that he has received a Penn State offer. Standing at 5'8/144, the 2020 prospect is one of the more explosive corners you will see. The Nittany Lions are currently the biggest offer for the Florida native.
- James Franklin and Co. have extended an offer to five-star running back Jase McClellan. The Oklahoma commit is the third-ranked running back and 17th overall player in the class of 2020. He is 247Sports' 374th ranked prospect of all time.
- Safety James Williams has joined a short list of 2021 prospects to pick up a Penn State offer. A top-15 player and the top-ranked safety in his class according to 247's rankings, Williams has been committed to Miami since March of last year.
- Philadelphia native Tysheem Johnson has earned a scholarship offer from Penn State. The 2021 prospect is listed as an athlete by 247Sports but he projects as a running back at the next level.
Lions make Some big-time lists
Five-star 2020 running back Zach Evans has put the Nittany Lions in his top 11. This one feels like a pipe dream for Penn State as it looks it will come to his hometown Texas Longhorns and Texas A&M Aggies to earn his services.
So blessed to be where I am today pic.twitter.com/DKCfumCjJM— T H R E E (@Runzekerun01) January 7, 2019
Zach Evans' teammate, Damieon George, has also put the Nittany Lions in his top 10. The four-star prospect is the 27th ranked offensive tackle in the class of 2020. All ten of his schools are also schools Evans has put in his top 11.