It's that time of year again - where college football fans get a small sense of glory, only to be reminded that there's still five months until real football. But that doesn't mean this weekend is empty of relevance. For the schools that can attract big crowds to their spring games, it's a tremendous opportunity to impress recruits. Count Penn State among those schools.
Here are the most important recruits that plan to be on campus:
- Three-star offensive tackle commit Grant Toutant.
- Four-star cornerback commit Joshuah Moten is making the trip up from Maryland.
- Three-star offensive guard RJ Adams, who could very well be on commit watch.
- Three-star offensive guard commit and All-Name First teamer, Golden Achumba
- Four-star defensive tackle Cole Brevard, arguably Penn State's biggest target at defensive tackle, aside from Bryan Bresee, in 2020.
- Perhaps the biggest name to hit Happy Valley this weekend is five-star inside linebacker Antoine Sampah. He will be joined by 2021 teammate, four-star defensive tackle James Gillespie.
Several times in the past, Blue-White weekend either directly lead to big commitments, or laid the ground for future commits. Even if there are no immediate fireworks this weekend and we don't get the good tweet, rest assured, there will be positive momentum with everyone involved with the weekend.