As the June quiet period (only in-person contact allowed on campus) heads toward the July dead period (no in-person contact), James Franklin and his staff have set up a significant little recruiting weekend in Happy Valley. There's a mix of official and unofficial visits, including marquee prospects from around the country.
- 2020 WR KeAndre Lambert (Norfolk, Va.) will make his most important visit to State College to date. The Virginia four-star was last in town for February's junior day and also visited for the OSU game last fall. He'll check out the Buckeyes next weekend.
We it tomorrow pic.twitter.com/X4RAyxl1ng— KDL (@Klamb2_) June 7, 2019
- 2020 DT Isaiah Raikes (Richland, N.J.) will make his second official visit of the spring after checking out Northwestern a few weeks ago. Offered in January, Raikes will be on campus for the third time in the last 12 months. Texas A&M appears to be the other school in hot pursuit.
- According to Allen Trieu of 247Sports, three-star defensive end Bryce Mostella (Grand Rapids, Mich.) will also make an official visit to Dear Old State. Coming out of 2018, Michigan seemed to lead, so this is a crucial visit for Franklin and DL coach Sean Spencer.
- According to PennLive's Greg Pickel, four-star California LB Kourt Williams (Bellflower, Calif.) will make an official visit this weekend. Williams previously stopped in State College with a handful of teammates from powerhouse St. Jon Bosco back in March.
- Three-star defensive end Ty Hamilton (Pickerington, Ohio) is also on the list for an official visit. This weekend will be the first of his three officials to the top schools in the Big Ten East. It's a Lion/Wolverine/Buckeye battle here with the home-state team looking like the one to beat.
Officials set decision coming soon pic.twitter.com/6fuDbw7ka5— TH11 (@tfhamilton02) June 6, 2019
Here's a rundown of unofficial visitors who say they're going to be in State College this weekend.
- 2021 OL Landon Tengwall - 5 Star - 28th overall
- 2021 WR Dont'e Thornton - 4 star - 56th overall (Penn State commit)
- 2021 RB Thaddius Franklin - 4 star - 171st overall (Miami commit)
- 2021 WR Bralon Brown - NR
Current (former?) Florida commit four-star WR Leonard Manuel (Ocala, Fla.) released his top-7, and Penn State made the cut. The others apparently involved for his (re)commitment are Clemson, LSU, Georgia, Miami, Florida, and Texas A&M. According to Sean Fitz of 247Sports, Manuel will visit State College soon.
Hated On Us AndThey Know Who They Are.... pic.twitter.com/EXb4y8UTQI— MoZac (@Begreatliltone2) June 7, 2019
offer me something
How about a D1 football scholarship? Here's a gathering of reported offers by Penn State to prospects from the last few days.