PWO Punter Commit
Penn State landed a walk-on punter on Monday in Levi Forrest, a specialist out of Richlands, VA.
After a great talk with @CoachJoeLorig today Im am extremely excited to announce that I have received an offer and committed to Pennsylvania State University! I would like to thank @CoachJoeLorig @Coach_Mani and @coachjfranklin for this incredible opportunity!#WeAre #PSUnrivaled pic.twitter.com/vC6f3S7tpF— Levi Forrest (@leviforrest33) December 3, 2019
Kohl's Kicking has Forrest ranked as a five-star and the No. 6 punter in the nation. Their scouting report refers to him as a "can't miss D1 punting prospect." Penn State's ability to land Forrest without having to use up a scholarship is a quietly a huge win on the recruiting trail for the Nittany Lions. As evidence by what current Penn State punter Blake Gillikin provided in field-flipping ability when he arrived at Penn State, having a good punter is a tremendous asset and it looks like they landed another weapon in Forrest.
Rivals released an update to their Rivals100 rankings for the 2020 Class. Penn State isn't heavily involved in the Top 100, however. Linebacker Curtis Jacobs is the only committed prospect, increasing 8 spots to No. 77 overall.
With Penn State's bowl game yet to be announced and weeks away, the staff is gearing up for December signing day by visiting prospects across the country. This is just the start of what promises to be an extremely busy two-week recruiting sprint.
- Penn State's offensive line coach Matt Limegrover made his way to Paramus, NJ to check in on offensive line commit Devin Willock. The 6'6, 345 pound offensive guard recently suffered a relatively significant leg injury that ended his senior season. It appears Penn State is going to honor his scholarship despite the injury, another testament to James Franklin's character. Willock will be in good hands rehabbing with one of the best Strength & Conditioning coaches in Dwight Galt.
- James Franklin and Terry Smith made an appearance at the home of DB Joseph Johnson.
Penn State is the latest to get involved with four-star DE Dallas Turner (Ft. Lauderdale, FL). The 6-3 prospect also has interest from Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, and Oregon.
- Penn State Coaches on the Road - [Fitz/247Sports]
- Four-star DE Lawton breaks down his Penn State visit - [Dohn/247Sports]
- Penn State set to welcome another large group of early enrollees - [Synder/Rivals]
- Dawkins' determination brings football success - [Eckert/Rivals] - FREE