Are you a fan of making or losing money based on your favorite sports team? Well, transfer whatever is left from last week's paycheck into your favorite sportsbook account. BetOnline released point spreads for a chunk of Week 1 college football games on Monday morning.
Penn State has an opening-weekend matchup with Appalachian State, who has been known to surprise Big Ten teams during season openers in the past. Those in the know opened betting with the Nittany Lions as 27-point favorites for the September 1st showdown. That line has dropped to 26 points as of the time of writing this story, but the Lions are still healthy favorites heading into the first game of the 2018 season.
Other Big Ten opening lines:
- Purdue -4½ vs. Northwestern
- Minnesota -14½ vs. New Mexico St
- Michigan St -27 vs. Utah State
- Ohio St -38 vs. Oregon St
- Nebraska -18½ vs. Akron
- Illinois -14½ vs. Kent St
- Rutgers -13½ vs. Texas St
- Indiana -13 at Florida International
- Iowa -13 vs. NIU
- Texas -10½ at Maryland
- Notre Dame -2 vs. Michigan
Are you laying or taking the points for Penn State in Week 1 at this early stage? Let us know in the comments!