With just 100 days left until the 2018 season kicks off on Labor Day weekend against Appalachian State, the time is surely right to start placing your bets on the Nittany Lions. The point spread for the season opener was released earlier this week, with Penn State opening as a 27-point favorite against the Mountaineers. Now the lines for four of the year's biggest games are available, courtesy of the South Point Hotel in beautiful Las Vegas.
— Covers (@Covers) May 24, 2018
Here's the important stuff:
- Penn State (-14) at Pitt
- Ohio State (-1.5) at Penn State
- Penn State at Michigan (-3.5)
- Wisconsin at Penn State (-4.5)
There is not much there that stands out with several months still to go. The last two meetings between the Buckeyes and Nittany Lions have produced a pair of classics. Michigan has been a popular team much of the offseason, and a trip to Ann Arbor is never easy. September's trip to Pittsburgh sees Penn State as a comfortable favorite, and the Badgers figure to once again be a tough out.
Other games of note:
- Ohio State (-12) at TCU (AT&T Stadium)
- Michigan at Michigan State (-1)
- Clemson (-10) at Florida State
- Ohio State (-6) at Michigan State
- Mississippi State (-7) at Ole Miss
- Michigan at Ohio State (-9)