In an anticipated annual summer tradition, the newest Nittany Lions officially received their numbers for the 2019 season on Tuesday. In addition to new numbers, there are two other roster changes. Fifth-year senior tight end Jon Holland is no longer with the team, and transfer C.J. Holmes has officially moved to safety from running back.
If you're a speed reader, you can decipher it all in this tweet, or just look at the handy list we've provided below.
The full list:
- Hakeem Beamon - No. 51 - Freshman - Defensive end
- Jaquan Brisker - No. 7 - Junior - Safety
- Noah Cain - No. 21 - Freshman - Running back
- Weston Carr - No. 23 - Senior - Wide recevier
- Joseph Darkwa - No. 44 - Freshman - Defensive tackle
- Lance Dixon - No. 10 - Freshman - Linebacker
- John Dunmore - No. 8 - Freshman - Wide receiver
- Dvon Ellies - No. 91 - Freshman - Defensive tackle
- Keaton Ellis - No. 2 - Freshman - Cornerback
- Devyn Ford - No. 28 - Freshman - Running back
- Daequan Hardy - No. 25 - Freshman - Cornerback
- Adisa Isaac - No. 20 - Freshman - Defensive end
- Michael Johnson Jr. - No. 13 - Freshman - Quarterback
- TJ Jones - No. 10 - Freshman - Wide receiver
- Joey Porter Jr. - No. 9 - Freshman - Cornerback
- Ta'Quan Roberson - No. 9 - Freshman - Quarterback
- Tyler Rudolph - No. 21 - Freshman - Safety
- Isaac Rumery - No. 19 - Freshman - Quarterback (walk-on)
- Makai Self - No. 36 - Freshman - Cornerback (walk-on)
- Brandon Smith - No. 12 - Freshman - Linebacker
- Jordan Stout - No. 98 - Sophomore - Kicker/punter
- Brenton Strange - No. 86 - Freshman - Tight end
- Smith Vilbert - No. 92 - Freshman - Defensive end
- Caedan Wallace - No. 79 - Freshman - Offensive line
- Anthony Whigan - No. 55 - Junior - Offensive line
- Marquis Wilson - No. 8 - Freshman - Cornerback
- Saleem Wormley - No. 77 - Freshman - Offensive line
In clearly the most interesting chance of numbering, freshman linebackers Dixon and Smith sport 10 and 12, respectively. Which means if they lined up flanking sophomore Micah Parsons, Penn State's LB corps would be numbered 10-11-12. And folks, I am here for it.
Which numbers do you love, which old jersey now has use again? Hit us up in the comments. Personally, I'm feeling pretty good about my Will Levis/Jaquan Brisker No. 7.