With the Big Ten season set to kick off in just over a month, sportsbooks are starting to release odds for all things Penn State.
SportsBettingDime.com has set the Nittany Lions over/under win total at 6.5, third best in the Big Ten behind Ohio State at 7.5 and Wisconsin at 7.
In case you missed it, you can see the Lions' entire 2020 schedule here.
Keep in mind that there are no bye weeks in the schedule, and the Nittany Lion's don't really have a tune-up game. Indiana won eight games last year and is always dangerous in Memorial Stadium, so it's not exactly an ideal start.
BetOnline is a bit higher on the Nittany Lions, setting the win total at 7.5, ahead of Wisconsin and behind Ohio State. Although, their total includes the ninth game to be played championship Saturday to wrap up the regular season.
It's not just win totals you can wager hard-earned cash on. SportsBettingDime.com also has a ton of other bets you can place:
- Penn State Odds to Win National Championship: 35/1
- Penn State Odds to Win Big Ten: 43/4
- Penn State Odds to Win Big Ten East: 7/1
- Sean Clifford to Win Heisman: 110/1
- Journey Brown to Win Heisman: 115/1
- Sean Clifford O/U Passing Yards: 1789.5
- Sean Clifford O/U Passing Touchdowns: 17.5
- Journey Brown O/U Rushing Yards: 579.5
- Noah Cain O/U Rushing Yards: 444.5
- Pat Freiermuth Receiving Touchdowns: 6
We're still weeks away from football, but these numbers seem to confirm what many think. Penn State will be a major player in both the Big Ten race and on the national stage.