Penn State football announced fans will have the opportunity to purchase a "fan cutout" to be placed in Beaver Stadium for Nittany Lion home games this fall.
Cardboard fans have become all the rage in sports during the COVID-19 pandemic, as a stadium filled with cutouts of fans looks better than a completely empty stadium.
Cutouts will cost $85 each, but there is a discount if you purchase multiple. Students can get their cutouts in Beaver Stadium for $65. When things return to normal, fans will be allowed to go and pick up their cutout to take him if they choose.
Portions of the proceeds will go to THON, as well as the Brunton-Waller scholarship program and the Multicultural Faculty Development Support Funds.
There are some rules for the cutouts:
1. Penn State-branded attire only. No third-party branding, including on apparel and in photo backgrounds. No attire or other branding of NCAA schools or sports teams other than Penn State.
2. No commercial advertising, including company names, apparel brands (other than Nike), hashtags, social media handles, phone numbers, logos, slogans or other branding.
3. No names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any other person with or without permission.
4. No political statements, logos, slogans or other political content.
5. No offensive or negative comments about Penn State or other NCAA schools or sports teams.
6. No lewd, inappropriate or offensive photos.
7. No arms raised in photos.
8. This team reserves the right to reject any photo that it determines, in its sole discretion, violates these guidelines or is otherwise offensive, lewd, derogatory, infringing, discriminatory or otherwise inappropriate. The team will not be obligated to provide the purchaser a refund if a submitted photo is rejected for any of these reasons.
9. One person per photo.
This will probably the closest fans will get to being inside Beaver Stadium for a while, as the Big Ten has already determined no fans will be allowed in the stands this fall, except for player's and coach's families.
More information can be found here.