The NCAA has officially announced that the 2019 wrestling tournament will conclude with Bo Nickal's final match in a Penn State singlet. He will take on No. 2 Kollin Moore (Ohio State). The finals will start at heavyweight, where Penn State's Anthony Cassar will take on No. 1 Derek White (Oklahoma State).
— NCAA Wrestling (@ncaawrestling) March 23, 2019
Nickal has beaten Moore twice this season, including a pin in Columbus during the dual.
bo nickal clinched the dual for penn state. here is how he did it. pic.twitter.com/XEE4Pydgnx
— Roar Lions Roar (@RLRblog) February 9, 2019
Nickal's other win over Moore was a 10-3 decision in the Big Ten finals.
Nickal is the third four-time NCAA finalist in Penn State history. The only other wrestlers to achieve that in program history are David Taylor and current teammate Jason Nolf. Nickal will also look to earn his third national title, and a win tonight would join him with Zain Retherford and Ed Ruth as three-time champions. Jason Nolf could also become a three-time champion.
The finals will begin at 7 p.m. EDT on ESPN. Here is the match order for tonight's festivities:
- 285 pounds - No. 1 Derek White (Oklahoma State) vs. No. 2 Anthony Cassar (Penn State)
- 125 pounds - No. 3 Spencer Lee (Iowa) vs. No. 5 Jack Mueller (Virginia)
- 133 pounds - No. 1 Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) vs. No. 3 Nick Suriano (Rutgers)
- 141 pounds - No. 1 Yianni Diakomihalis (Cornell) vs. No. 2 Joey McKenna (Ohio State)
- 149 pounds - No. 1 Anthony Ashnault (Rutgers) vs. No. 2 Micah Jordan (Ohio State)
- 157 pounds - No. 1 Jason Nolf (Penn State) vs. No. 2 Tyler Berger (Nebraska)
- 165 pounds - No. 2 Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State) vs. No. 8 Mekhi Lewis (Virginia Tech)
- 174 pounds - No. 1 Mark Hall (Penn State) vs. No. 3 Zahid Valencia (Arizona State)
- 184 pounds - No. 5 Maxwell Dean (Cornell) vs. No. 6 Drew Foster (Northern Iowa)
- 197 pounds - No. 1 Bo Nickal (Penn State) vs. No. 2 Kollin Moore (Ohio State)