Do you like reading our website? Would you like to join us?
Well, good news! Roar Lions Roar is launching its own internship program. We are looking for someone based in State College, Pa. to join – *extreme James Franklin voice* – OUR FAMILY.
Here are the requirements:
- As we said, you must live in the State College area. While we are flexible about basically every aspect of this internship, this is the only requirement that has no gray area. Additionally, preference will be given to current Penn State students who will be at the school through the spring of 2018, although all people in the State College area are encouraged to apply.
- You will be asked to attend Penn State home football and basketball games and media availabilities as your schedule permits. We won't need you to be in the press box for every game, and we'll work out a schedule with you.
- That's, uh, all we require.
There are, however, some perks to this internship, which you can read right here:
- No car? No problem – we'll help come up with a way to get you to games/media availabilities/anything else you would need to attend.
- While we want coverage mainly for football and basketball, if you ever want to help grow our site by covering another sport, that would rock and we'd love your contributions.
- You'll get to join our Slack page. We have a custom @dril emoji. It's pretty sweet.
- Let's get to the important thing: compensation. The bad news is this internship is not for credit. This is because – and here is the good news – we want to have the ability to compensate you for your services via a stipend.
- If you get the internship, we'll hook you up with a t-shirt or two.
If you are interested, please send a résumé and cover letter on why you're the perfect person for this job to editors AT roarlionsroar DOT com. Applications will be accepted through March 20, and we hope to have someone on board by mid-April. This year's internship will run through April 1, 2018.